Receptionist/Assistant Office Manager
You will support the delivery of high-quality homes by providing day-to-day administrative support to the wider Brick by Brick development company as well as undertaking receptionist duties
Key administrative activities will involve:
- providing diary management, phone answering, email management and general administrative support to the Managing Director and wider Brick by Brick team;
- servicing development related meetings (invite management, preparing documentation, taking minutes, etc) as required;
- Responsible for ensuring opening of office and ensuring process for closing is in place. This role is responsible for opening office at 8am
Key receptionist activities will involve
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
- Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival.
- Maintains security and telecommunications system.
- Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries.
- Responsible for managing general queries inbox and logging complaints, FOI’s and Member Enquires as well as co-ordinating response within deadline
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee directories.
- Maintains security by following procedures, monitoring logbook, and issuing visitor badges if required.
- Responsible for redirecting calls.
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Order office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Supports the Office Manager with fire alarm testing and drills
- Undertakes office management induction with new starters
- Supports continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
In addition, the role will involve oversight of key company policies and procedures, as follows:
- Collating, monitoring and providing accurate information relating to performance and service delivery as part of the company’s reporting procedures.
- Overseeing information management processes to ensure company information is secure, readily accessible and structured according to agreed parameters.
- Being an initial point of contact for stakeholders, partners and residents who are interested in Brick by Brick and acting as a brand ambassador at all times.
The main internal stakeholders for this role will be the BBB Managing Director, Heads of Service and Development Managers. External stakeholders are likely to be key delivery partners (including suppliers and other strategic partners), residents, community stakeholders, other local authorities, and professional bodies.
Specific Minimum Qualifications and Expertise
- Significant experience of delivering effective administrative support, diary management, front office and receptionist;
- Experience of working with external stakeholders, partners and members of the public, delivering a high quality professional services;
- Experience of delivering work in a target and deadline driven environment;
- Experience of working within a politically driven organisation working directly with elected members;
- Excellent organisational skills, and experience of co-ordinating projects or services in a busy office based environment;
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills including an ability to communicate and negotiate with diplomacy in a range of settings at senior levels;
- Excellent skills in the use of information technology including excel, word, e-mail and internet use;
- Able to work as part of a team.
Terms and Conditions
Job title: Receptionist/Assistant Office Manager
Responsible to: Office Manager
Location: Croydon, CR0
Salary: 22k per annum
Contract and Hours: Full time (36) permanent, including some weekend and evening work
Annual Leave: 31 days
Pension: Up to 6% contributory pension