Head of Property and Engagement
A senior role leading our work on property, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning, and enabling the delivery of our development programme of high quality, mixed tenure new homes, within the context of the Brick By Brick Business Plan.
Job Title: Head of Property and Engagement
Reports to: Chief Executive
Responsibility for: Property staff, Engagement staff, Strategic planning staff, multi-disciplinary consultant team
You will be working as a the Head of Property and Engagement at Brick By Brick, leading our work on property, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning, and enabling the delivery of our development programme of high quality, mixed tenure new homes, within the context of the Brick By Brick Business Plan.
You will develop and deliver an innovative property strategy for Brick By Brick that will enable the company to fully exploit the opportunities and benefits of our property assets. You will procure, lead and manage a property team, comprising internal and external resources, to deliver effective: site acquisition; property negotiation/valuation; site identification and due diligence; preparation of title; asset management and insurance; post occupation customer care services for the company.
You will ensure Brick By Brick is provided with professional advice and information on all property related issues to support an effective housing-led development programme. You will work collaboratively with the wider management team and help other service areas understand and exploit the potential of property and use it to help achieve business plan targets. You will develop and lead partnerships with other landowners and agencies (especially Croydon Council) to develop common goals, standards and processes, and achieve ambitious delivery targets.
You will also lead our stakeholder engagement work, devising, implementing and monitoring our engagement strategy. You will procure and lead a responsive, progressive engagement team charged with fostering and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including local organisations, residents’ associations and individual residents. This will include procuring suitable facilitators, planning logistics and genuinely engaging participants through a variety of different means (eg one-to-one conversations, online/interactive processes, surveys, focus groups, events etc etc). You will cultivate new relationships with local residents, organisations and businesses to enhance our community engagement offer.
The role also involves managing our strategic planning work, leading a team responsible for monitoring and discharging programme-wide planning and S106 obligations on our consented schemes, and ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations. This will include procuring specialist reports and information to assist with this process.
You will fully understand the ethos and philosophy of Brick By Brick and operate within our governance, financial and legal frameworks at all times. You will be able to make the case for ongoing investment in specific sites and schemes by demonstrating and/or assessing the delivery viability of construction proposals. This will involve working in a genuinely collaborative way with the wider Brick By Brick team.
You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on all aspects of each of your projects through a variety of means. You will build a network of excellent working relationships with external contacts, multi-disciplinary consultants, contractors, stakeholders and clients.
You will help foster a team atmosphere of knowledge sharing, collaboration and personal development and contribute your knowledge and opinions to team discussions.
You will ultimately be a brand ambassador for Brick by Brick and act as a key advocate for the company.
Specific Minimum Qualifications and Expertise
- Professional or academic qualifications to masters degree standard or equivalent in a Property or Development related discipline.
- Extensive senior level experience in leading property, development and/or engagement projects from start to completion including managing delivery, health & safety, quality and environment.
- Ability to interface with Development Managers, Project Managers, Contract Managers, TSM’s and QS’s.
- Extensive experience of working through the various stages of delivery in a complex regeneration setting, developing and delivering initiatives across organisational boundaries
- Extensive experience of working within a politically driven organisation and operating at a senior level with elected members or board members
- Understanding and/or ability to identify and manage risks in project and programme delivery
- Extensive experience of budget management particularly in relation to development programmes/ projects
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure, prioritise and work to very tight deadlines
- Experience of developing working relationships with external stakeholders, partners and members of the public, delivering high quality professional services
- Ability to communicate complex ideas, concepts, issues and financial information clearly and simply, both verbally and in writing
- Experience of, and a commitment to, working within Equal Opportunities objectives
Terms and Conditions
Job title: Head of Property and Engagement
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Location: Croydon, CR0
Salary: Grade 4 SCP 16-20 £70K-80K pa plus profit share scheme of up to 20% of salary
Contract and Hours: Full time (36) permanent, including some weekend and evening work
Annual Leave: 31 days
Pension: Up to 6% contributory pension
Closing date: 22nd November 2019