Looking to join a pioneering development company that is looking to do things differently? We have a number of posts in our Delivery Team, working on residential schemes across the Borough of Croydon.
You will be working as a Development Manager at Brick By Brick taking a lead in bringing forward our programme of high quality, mixed tenure new homes within the framework of the ambitious Brick By Brick business plan.
Your role will be to manage all aspects of a delivery programme of sites from acquisition, due diligence and concept through to handover. You will also work on overarching strategic projects supporting the delivery the Brick By Brick portfolio as well as supporting Senior Managers and the Heads on strategic aspects of the programme development and delivery.
As a Development Manager, you will be required to programme manage a complex series of projects, taking responsibility for delivering them all on time, to budget and to the highest of professional standards. You will be required to effectively appoint and manage multi-disciplinary professional teams and performance manage them to get the best value and outcome. You will have a demonstrable understanding of and experience of the multi-disciplinary skills and services required to deliver residential led development sites.
You will have well developed interpersonal skills, be a good communicator and negotiator. You will have demonstrable experience of community engagement and handling and managing sensitive situations with residents and local stakeholders.
You will have a good understanding of the key planning challenges for the housing sector and show evidence of a proactive, diplomatic approach to working with authorities and the statutory planning system to deliver projects to help meet Brick By Brick’s business plan.
You will understand the ethos and philosophy of Brick By Brick and will operate within the company’s governance, financial and legal frameworks. You will be able to build the case for investment in specific schemes by demonstrating and/or assessing the deliverability, quality and viability of various proposals to ensure commercially efficient, sustainable developments.
You will be responsible for promoting, monitoring and reporting on all aspects of each of your projects. You will take the lead in undertaking work in the most efficient way possible to ensure that returns to our shareholder(s), and therefore to Croydon residents, are optimised. This will involve working in a genuinely collaborative way with the wider Brick By Brick team.
You will ultimately be a brand ambassador for Brick By Brick and act as a key advocate for the company by building a network of excellent working relationships with external contacts, stakeholders and clients. You will help foster a team atmosphere of knowledge sharing, collaboration and development and contribute your knowledge and opinions to team discussions.
Specific minimum qualifications and expertise
• Professional or academic qualifications to degree standard or equivalent, ideally in a Development or Construction-related disciplines.
• Significant experience of working in a development or regeneration setting, developing and delivering initiatives across organisational boundaries.
• Full knowledge, understanding and experience of working through the various stages of development or regeneration projects, including relevant legal frameworks.
• Experience of negotiating land transactions and associated documentation such as Heads of Terms, Sale/Purchase Agreements and Development Agreements
• Advanced experience in delivering construction projects from start to completion on site, including managing delivery, health & safety and quality
• Understanding and/or experience of developing and appraising development options and proposals.
• Experience at a senior level of working with and developing relationships l with elected members or board members.
• Experience of scoping, commissioning, procuring and managing third parties and consultants to take forward elements of delivery.
• Ability to identify and manage risks in project and programme delivery, and working with senior managers, residents and stakeholders to find solutions.
• Experience of effective budget management particularly in relation to regeneration programmes/ projects.
• Demonstrable ability to work under pressure, prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
• Experience of developing positive working relationships with external stakeholders, residents and members of the public, delivering high quality professional services.
• Ability to communicate complex ideas, concepts, issues and financial information clearly and simply, both verbally and in writing to a range of audiences.
• Experience of, and a commitment to, working within Equal Opportunities objectives.
Terms and Conditions
Job title: Development Manager
Reports to: Senior Development Manager
Responsible for: Multi-disciplinary Consultant Team
Location: Croydon, CR0
Salary: Grade 3 £50k pa plus performance related pay scheme of up to 20% of salary
Contract and hours: Full time (36) permanent, including some weekend and evening work
Annual leave: 31 days with experience
Pension: Up to 6% contributory pension
Closing date: 18th November 2019