Viewings and moving home – we’re open for business in line with government guidelines
Now that we are into a new set of restrictions until 2nd December, we would like to re-assure you that we are still fully operational as a business, in line with COVID-19 safety restrictions. All our construction sites are staying open, and sales viewings and moves will continue – all according to government guidance, which you can read here.
This is a confusing time for everyone; what is and isn’t permitted now is different to our first national lockdown, and different from the tiered system we were starting to get used to. We’ve created this blog to help clear up any questions you may have, but you can also get in touch with us if you have any other questions not answered here:
General enquiries: [email protected]
Sales enquiries: [email protected]
Can I still view a new home?
We will continue to offer all customers virtual viewings in the first instance to give them a feel for the home(s) they’re interested in. This will be followed by a physical viewing if requested and subject to passing a financial viability assessment.
Appointments will be conducted as follows:
- Viewings by appointment only
- Maximum of two adults from one single household can attend. Children cannot attend viewings
- Names of those attending will be confirmed in advance
- Open house viewings are not allowed
- Those attending viewings are asked to bring and wear appropriate face masks / face coverings
- Viewing times to be kept to a minimum appropriate to the property size
- Sufficient time to be allowed between appointments to allow for cleaning of frequently touched areas and to ensure no overlap between different household appointments.
- Sales consultants will arrive in enough time to open up the property – opening internal doors using door wedges, limiting contact with door handles etc.
- Sales consultants will be provided with masks and gloves for their own use and will have hand sanitiser, wipes and shoe coverings available
- Customers will be asked to wait in their vehicle or away from the development / property until the sales consultant calls them to confirm they can enter
If any member of the household viewing is showing symptoms of Coronavirus or is self-isolating, then the physical viewing should be postponed.
Am I allowed to move home during lockdown?
Yes! Moving home into a newly built home has always been allowed. We had buyers move during the first national lockdown, and throughout summer. We’re aiming to move around 40 more households into their new Brick By Brick homes between now and Christmas. You can read about some of our buyers experience in these blogs.
What about removal companies?
Removal firms are currently still allowed to work, however government guidance suggests that you and your household do most of the packing yourself. You may wish to speak to the firm you’re using about the specific Covid safety measures they are taking.
Can my friends help me move?
You can only have help from someone in your household or support bubble to physically help you move your things. That doesn’t mean you can’t call family and friends outside for some advice or moral support though!
What about mortgage advisers and surveyors?
Mortgage advisers and surveyors are still able to work during this time. If you would like further advice on this, please contact our sales team.
What about furnishing my new home?
Many large furniture and homeware stores are still operating online, with either delivery or click-and-collect services.
This is a very worrying time for everyone, and we are doing our best to stay safe and keep our customers, colleagues, contractors and partners safe, while still helping the people of Croydon to find the home of their dreams. For more information about the homes we have available and coming soon, check our available now page, and follow us on Instagram.