Open House London 2020 – see our completed developments on our self-guided tour
We’re joining London Open House Festival 2020 to offer you a self-guided tour of our completed developments in Croydon, either by foot, bike or bus. We have curated a 26 kilometre route that takes you past twelve developments as part of our inaugural Croydon Smaller Sites Programme, designed by six leading architectural practices, including our very own Common Ground Architecture. An additional stop in the middle of the tour takes you past our shop and office on George Street. Unfortunately we can’t formally open our doors this year, but we hope this will give you the opportunity to explore bits of the borough you may have not visited before, and get a glimpse of the variety of the characterful homes we are creating for sale and rent. The tour reaches from the north to the south of the borough, and you can dip in at any point – walking the whole route would take a while, but cycling is definitely an option!
We’ve set the tour up to take in 13 of our schemes, running from north to south. Please follow this google maps link to see a suggested route. We suggest starting at Crystal Palace in the north, or if you fancy a shorter route East Croydon is also a great starting point. These will be kerbside only (to be Covid-friendly) but you can click through to our website for more information about each of the schemes:
1. Faithful Court, Upper Norwood by Mikhail Riches Architects
2. Oxford Road (Still under Construction, but nearing completion), Upper Norwood,
4. Harold & Beulah Corner, Upper Norwood, HTA
5. Ravensdale & Rushden, Upper Norwood, HTA
6. Auckland Rise and Sylvan Hill, Upper Norwood, HTA
8. Flora Court, Thornton Heath, Pitman Tozer Architects
9. Northbrook Road, Selhurst, Stitch Studio
10. Drummond Road, Central Croydon, Mikhail Riches Architects
11. The Brick By Brick Shop and Offices, Central Croydon, Common Ground Architecture
12. Heathfield Gardens, Central Croydon, Mikhail Riches Architects
13. Chertsey Crescent, New Addington, Coffey Architects
Brick By Brick was established by Croydon Council in 2016 to create homes for the people of Croydon, and to return the proceeds to help fund frontline services. We have worked with some of the best architects to deliver homes of a range of tenures across often challenging infill sites.
To recieve more content like this straight to your inbox, and to find out about our architecture events and competitions, sign up to our newsletter below.