Our business plan for 2020/21
Every year, as year end approaches, we prepare a business plan for the year ahead. As Croydon Council is our sole shareholder, the plan is shared with their Scrutiny and Cabinet committees as part of the process.
In keeping with our ethos, our plan for 2020/21 has a strong focus on social responsibility and environmental commitments.
This means we will be working even more closely with local communities in creating opportunities for residents to have a say in how our developments are designed and planned.
We are also committed to genuinely addressing the climate challenge and are working towards becoming a ‘One Planet Living’ leader. This would see us incorporate a range of stringent measures throughout the organisation and become a trailblazer in economic, social and environmental sustainability.
In 2019/20, despite wider economic challenges, it’s been a year of real achievement for Brick By Brick and we’re ready to build on this in 2020/21. This year’s milestones included:
- Launching sales across the borough, achieving over half of our sales reservations off-plan
- Completing our first homes across all tenures across the borough
- Welcoming our first residents to a number of schemes (Flora Court, Auckland Rise, Ravensdale Gardens, Windmill Place)
- Completing the wholesale refurbishment of the Fairfield Halls on behalf of Croydon Council
- Progressing our 2019 pipeline programme ready to submit planning applications in spring 2020 that will create c1200 new homes.
- Collaborating on the first community-led housing scheme to be delivered in the borough (The Lawns, Crystal Palace – with Crystal Palace Community Land Trust and Croydon Council)
- Our architecture practice Common Ground Architecture completing their first projects including the wonderful Pump House at Station Road, South Norwood
Our key aims for the coming year include:
- Achieve planning consent on more than 30 schemes including of which more than 70% will be affordable
- Achieve planning consent on our Fairfield Homes scheme, including more than 400 homes alongside new employment space and town centre uses.
- Start construction on 12 new sites
- Acquire new sites for development
- Start on site on the community-led housing scheme at The Lawns, Crystal Palace, and the introduction of another CLH scheme into the programme
- Progress several schemes designed by Common Ground Architecture
- Continue our active sales programme on various sites throughout the borough
- Adopt the ‘One Planet Living’ sustainability principles and work towards becoming a ‘One Planet Leader’
Do have a read!